How To: Create Your Own Email Account
We are so excited to have you join our team as a Junior Sister! Our goal is to provide you with the tools and experience to be a fabulous #girlboss. From leadership experience & teaching events, to fulfilling orders, contributing to the growth of kit & sis™, and engaging with customers - we want to make sure you have all of the tools that helped us grow!
Our #1 tip is to have your own email address. This will help to create a sense of responsibility and odds are, you’ll have an easier chance claiming your name as a username now versus 5 years from now!
How-To Create Your Own Email Address:
- Go to gmail.com, click create an account
- When creating your username, you want it to be professional and something that you can use for years to come! Here are some suggestions:
- Include your first name in the address
- Keep it simple, try to only use words - preferably your names. Such as your frist name, middle name and last name.
- If you have to use numbers, limit it to a few numbers
- If needed, utilize . or _ in your username
Here are some ideas:
First name + Middle Initial + Last name = MadelineAPollock@gmail.com
First name initial + last name = MPollock@gmail.com
First name + last name initial = KateL@gmail.com
Nickname + last name = GabbyPollock@gmail.com
First name initial + last name = GPollock@gmail.com
Once you've created your email, make sure to send us a "Hello!" email to firstname.lastname@example.org so we have your new email!